My Knucks hat



There it is then finally! my PDA hat from the SnB:HH book that I made to match my Knucks ^_^ I'm happy with how the embroidery turned out I even tried out the Chinese Knot stitch for the berries as you can see. I still think the hat coud've been a little bit bigger, but I can always make another one and I'm happy with this one to match my Knucks.
I have also started Davids (my fiance) Knucks last night and I've done the first few fingers I'm hoping I'll get the first glove half way done or finished tonight. I'm making them in black with Stylecraft "Special" Chunky. Nothing fancy there but it'll do it's job ^_^.
Today has been rather dull outside there hasn't been any sunshine at all but yet it's still unbearably hot! I have this weird thing...(Oh blast I should've mentioned this in the tag post!)..I can smell rain before it starts to rain! Seriously. and I know it will rain today maybe even thunder. I even remember when we went to Italy a couple of years ago we arrived in Grado, we were in the car and I told my mom "I can smell rain" eventhough it hadn't even rained yet. Then a couple of hours later, when we were in the appartment we were staying in, it just started to pour down really badly, even the drains were flooding! That's the first time I remember being able to do it. I don't know if anybody else can do it, but the only time I've ever heard anyone say they could was in Autumn in New York and it's Winona Ryders character who can ^_^.
By the way Grado is a really beautiful place to stay and I really loved going to Trieste aswell (it's near Grado). Infact I LOVED Trieste I liked it better then Venice. Yes Venice is beautiful, don't get me wrong I loved it there aswell, but not like Trieste. I just thought it was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been^_^ We alos went to the Miramare Castle that you can see on the site in the Trieste link I gave you. On the picture name "Me and Adriatic (and friends)" you can see how lovely and blue the Adriatic is (that's the ocean in case you don't know). *sigh* I'd recommend going to Trieste to everybody.
Anywho, what do you think about my hat? ^_^

6 comments:

Petra you ARE a computer GENIUS!!! Love the cubes!!!! The hat turned out sooooo beautiful!!!
PS: Hey, I can smell rain before too!

30 July, 2006 22:17  

The hat came out really nicely - you've been very busy with your SnB book!!

I ordered a few crochet/knitting goodies this morning: rosewood needles, a bamboo hook and some pretty stitch markers. My maternity allowance is coming through now and I figure these next four weeks are for treating myself. :-)

31 July, 2006 08:09  

Thank you Vik and Emma-Jane (isn't it? I'm sure it was =P)!^_^
Really you can smell rain before too Vik?!? yay finally somebody else I was starting to think I was strange hehe^_^
Oooh I'd love a bamboo hook and stitch markers aswell I use waste yarn cause I don't have any *sigh* hehe.
Well that's what the allowance is for isn't it...corchet/knitting...erm I mean the baby! =P

31 July, 2006 13:18  

"Emma-Jane (isn't it?)"

Yep yep!

Keep grumbling to myself that my order hasn't arrived yet. I only placed it 24 hours ago ... LOL

01 August, 2006 13:03  

Wow - the hat looks great! It took me awhile to figure out how to look at the pictures up close. :) Did you just use leftover yarn, or did you need to buy another skein?

02 August, 2006 04:58  

Thank you!^_^ I just used the leftovers from the skein I used on my knucks..although I ended up making the hat a little bigger then it says in the pattern (probably just me making mistakes lol) and I baught two skeins of that yarn for my kncuks anyway so I ended up using a tiny bit of the 2nd skein^_^
Emma-Jane: LOL I know I always get overly excite for things I orderd too..specially when I orderd it for me lol

02 August, 2006 12:23  

Newer Post Older Post Home