Book meme

I've pinched this "book meme" from Emma-Jane
Here is my take on it^_^:

1. One book that changed my life:
I honestly can't think of a book that changed my life, but I know a book that helpe dem in my life... Freak the Mighty by Rodman Philbrick. I read it when I was younger and still in school and it helped me get through all the bullying I got everyday.

2. One book I have read more than once:
Jane Eyre.. do I need to say who wrote it? lol well it's Charlotte Bronte incase you didn't know ^_^

3. One book I would want on a desert island:
Rose Madder by Stephen King it's one of the best books I've ever read.

4. One book that made me laugh:

Freak the Mighty ^_^.

5. One book that made me cry:

None so far.

6. One book I wish I'd written:

None so far. =(


7. One book I wish had never been written:

again...none so far... lol this is fun ain't it!


8. One book I am currently reading:

"It" by Stephen King it just seems to be taking me forever to finish it because I'm always busy doing something else hehe and when I do get the time I'm really tired and I can't keep my eyes open lol I really like it though especially because I have only seen the film once and it was when I was about 10 (it scared me so badly I instantly got a phobia for clowns lol) so I can't remember the story which makes it more fun to read the book and it's actually spooky when reading it at night.

9. One book I have been meaning to read:

The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera. I've read lots of reviews and I'm drawn to the story line I'd also like to read Immortality by him^_^

------

Meanwhile I've been working on my cabled bag and I'm almost 3/4 done so it's going well! I'm still thinking about what kind of handles I'm wanting to use and If I'm just going to sew up the sides or if I'm going to knit two pieces to put in the sides so the bag will be wider. We'll see.

I've finally got paid... what? yes I've got MONEY lol so yesterday we went to a few shops and ended up in this lil shop called Eu Naturel and I ended up buying some oil pastel crayons so I might be working with them soon. I'll have to find an actual object to draw this time^_^

Has anyone ever seen Ariana Richards art? If you don't know her by name then you might know her when I tell you that she was the little girl in Jurassic Park, she's obviously grown up now and well as you can see she's really good at what she does! I wish I knew what I was doing with oil paints alredy so I could have a proper go at it...maybe I should get a college course in painting?^_^

I hope everyones having a good weekend!

4 comments:

Don't worry about the course - Just do it! (LOL, I've gone all Nike on you)! I spent so long thinking I had to learn things "legitimately", but the truth is, all you need is enthusiasm and tenacity, and it's easy to tell from all your creative projects that you have plenty of both! Sign up at WetCanvas, get a couple of books on oils from your local library and invest in a few tubes of colour (check out the limited palettes some artists use over at WC - the Oil Painting or Color Theory forums are a good source of info) and just keep painting and posting, painting and posting ...

"The Unbearable Lightness of Being" is a worthwhile read.

27 August, 2006 22:41  

PS. Always know it's you commenting because of the ^_^ !

PPS. I've devised a way to join my Garden Scarf flowers. It looks ok and I figure that kind of improvisation is perfectly acceptable in crochet ...

27 August, 2006 23:07  

lol yeah I use that "^_^" alot...maybe a little too often! I think I'm just going to go for it like you said, I've already signed up at Wetcanvas and I've showed a few drawings and someone on there told me you can even follow classes on there for free so I might even do that!
I always improvise in crochet aswell..I figured it's not really any fun if you don't add a personal touch to it!
Oh btw did you ever get my email?

28 August, 2006 18:10  

Hi Petra! I'm nosing around my favourite blogs while baby M sleeps soundly (yay!) in her Moses basket. :-) No, I didn't receive the e-mail. :-(

06 September, 2006 09:09  

Newer Post Older Post Home