Eureka!

Yesterday I got a call from ChoicesUK saying that they want me to come over for an interview next wednesday! yayay! it kind of scares me at the same time, because it will be the first time that I'll be working in England and I haven't been on an interview for a while so I'll be dead nervous 0_0 It will only be a parttime job but to be honest I'm quite happy about that because that way I'll still have enough time to keep up with my knitting and crocheting =P My fiance was already saying that if I get the job I'll have to take home lots of promotional stuff from movies and games...especially Superman lol He likes Superman lots and not to forget ANYTHING from Saint's Row or GTA^_^
Well I finished my cat blanket aswel...as you can tell I'm kind of hiding it in the middle of my post...I'm just not really happy with the outcome. I wish I would have blocked all the squares before attaching it all together and finding out they'd all be bent and some uneven. I've just never blocked anything before so I didn't think of it. Thanks for the tip again Vik!
Ok well I assume your all just dying to see my wonky blanket (mind my enthousiasm lol!)...so here it is:
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Is it really as bad as I'm fearing it is? I was going to felt it to hide it's hideousness a little but then I suddenly rememberd that I used 100% acrylic yarn so there wasn't going to be any felting *sigh* it feels lovely and soft and it smells devine though heehee^_^ I still have to weave in the loose ends obviously. All the cats except for one (Bigsey the most scaredy cat on the planet lol) have been kind of cautious of the new blanket so far, but I'm sure that when I weave in the ends and I put it down on the sofa they'll get used to it. I mean they even like to lay on plastic bags when there is one on the floor hehe! Oh and I just got a great tip from someone on Crochetville...she said I should crochet a border around it which would make it straight^_^ woohoo there's hope afterall!
I've decided that I'm not going to make the Garnstudio bag just yet, instead I'm going to practise cables first by using the pattern from Tonya^_^ So thank you somuch for that Tonya! I'm not going to use wooden handles though..I'm thinking of crocheting a strap myself or maybe two handles^_^
I found out about this kool festival yesterday along with my new fav knit cast called BritKnitCast^_^ anyway the festival is called Woolfest...you can hear all about it in episode 3 of the knitcast aswell. I just wish I would have found out about it before it actually happend lol it was in Cumbria in June I think *sigh* but I'm deffinatly wanting to go next year! I mean it'll be like heaven...yarn everywhere and people who love it just as much as you do!^_^
I am however thinking of going to the Penistone Show...it's not to far from where I live and it's basically a farmers market but they also do lots of crafty things including knitting and crocheting^_^ plus it will also have horses there, I love horses! I used to ride when I was younger but then the lessons got kind of expensive so I stopped, but if I could I would start again now.
I hope everbody has had/ is having a nice day^_^

9 comments:

I think your cat blanket looks snazzy . . . a border would probably help. But I *LOVE* the colors!!

Good luck on the interview!!

And I would be thrilled if you used my pattern :) If I can figure it out, anyone can.

Knit love!!

10 August, 2006 17:59  

I took it for granted that the yarn was wool! I knew acrylic is not for felting... Yes, crocheting an edging will help, it looks so pretty though!
Take it easy with the interview, everything will be OK! ;)

10 August, 2006 18:55  

Thank you Tonya and Vik!!^_^
I'll be working on that border tonight then. Maybe I should wash it again afterwards and try to shape it some more and let it dry?

10 August, 2006 19:03  

oh and btw Tonya I wrote down your pattern so all I have to do now is get a cable needle (and hope they'll have some in my LYS *sigh*). Do you think that two 50g balls of bulky yarn (that new fab yarn I've got) will be enough?
I hope the crochet links I gave you were of any help.

Lots of love!^_^

10 August, 2006 19:09  

Good luck with the interview next week!

I think the cat blanket looks lovely, and yes, a crocheted border round the edge would straighten everything out, it would finish it off wonderfully.

Thanks for stopping by BritKnitCast and for your kind words :) I hope you can make it to Woolfest last year, I really had a fantastic time there. It's a dream weekend, I tell you!

10 August, 2006 22:20  

Thank you Carrie-Anne! I'm going to do everything in my powers to be able to make it to the next Woolfest it'll be so much fun!^_^

11 August, 2006 15:24  

Thanks for the SnB:HH video link ... oh dear, talk about cheesy!! Can't wait to peruse those projects, though.

I ordered Interweave Crochet magazine (Spring 2006) from Stash Yarns in Chester. It arrived in 24 hours and looks quite cool - there's lots of stuff in there that I'd love to make. Also just received the Lamb's Pride Bulky wool/mohair I ordered to make a hat from the SnB knitting book ... As I'm still clueless about yarn, I've decided to limit myself to purchasing it for specific projects.

Have you ever visited the WetCanvas forums? There's SO much info and support over there - it's like Crochetville for artists, and is what really got me started in pastels 3 years ago.

*Sigh* Oh, I do like yaddering about art and crochet ...

11 August, 2006 17:08  

02 March, 2007 09:19  

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! »

16 March, 2007 18:09  

Newer Post Older Post Home