Latest news from the doodle corner

Yesterday I had been doodling with watercolours and this is what I came up with:
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
I know it's not brilliant but I'm still new to watercolours so I guess I did ok. I made it all up as I went along so maybe it'll look better when I use an actual object to paint^_^
I also has a go on Photoshop after being inspired by this awesome style of art by Siljes on her blog and I really wanted to try it so here is what I came up with in my first attempt:

Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

She told me she uses Adobe Illustrator and I didn't even know that program excisted hehe so I downloaded the trial version yesterday and I'll be trying it out today so hopefully I can come up with another one^_^ What do you think? I know it's simple but that's the way it's supposed to be...I think hehe I know I could do better it's just a quick trial project so hopefully I'll be able to make a better one soon!

I've also got some progress on the cabled bag, I'm almost halfway through already^_^ In this first ball of Fusion yarn I've had a lot of the mustard type of colour so I'm hoping to have some more of the purple and blua and red in the next ball just to have some contrasts^_^

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Asides from that I'm also trying to design a new template for my blog and I'm about half way done but I'm hoping to be able to do better now I've got Adobe Illustrator as you have a section just for templates^_^ I think that I'll be changing my templates often once I get the hand of it just to keep my blog fresh and new! I'm kind of bored of this everylasting black already to be honest hehe so I hope I'll have it done soon so you can all see it!
Have a nice day everyone!^_^

6 comments:

Hi Petra! Nice to see you with so many projects in your hands and in mind! Have a great weekend! Maybe the cable is finished on Monday! ;)

25 August, 2006 18:02  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

25 August, 2006 18:02  

So many projects, so little time!Art, crochet, knitting ... Why is there so much fun stuff to fit in, dammit??

Good to see you playing with your watercolours. I'm not experienced with them either, and find the hardest thing is to let a brushmark dry without fiddling and dabbing at it, working over (or overworking) it so that it's too thick and loses its translucent quality. Pastels are so much easier and faster for me ... It's like crochet vs. knitting! Having said that, I'm a bit confused with the instructions in SnB:HH for joining each flower to the previous one in the "Garden Scarf" pattern ... Don't suppose you've tried that one?

26 August, 2006 08:05  

Love the painting and the illustration - Illustrator and Photoshop are so much fun :D

26 August, 2006 11:12  

Lovely knitting as always!! It's so cool that you where inspires by Silje, her illustrations are supercool and cute. (I hope she knows, ooh gonna tell her right away..) I'm so happy and proud (smirk) that I convinced her to start a blog (nagged her into it really). Illustrator great, but it takes a little longer than photoshop to get into in my experience. Good luck and keep up the good work!!!

03 September, 2006 00:03  

It makes me really happy that you love my drawings:) Keep up the good work. Excited to see some more of your illustrator-stuff.

03 September, 2006 16:12  

Newer Post Older Post Home