Looky look!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
All say: "OOOoohhh"^_^ it's my new wool isn't it pretty? I'm really excited about it *yes I'm a geek*, because it's the first beautiful and kind of expensive yarn (it costs about £3 per ball) I've ever had! And it's sooooooo soft too!^_^ It's called "Fusion" by Wendy and it's 50% wool, 50%acrylic. It's the first time since I've been to our LYS that I've seen such beautiful yarn and they have it in several different colours aswell!^_^ I'm just trying to figure out what to make with it and if I'm going to crochet with it or knit with it...anyone have any ideas? I was thinking of making a shrug...I've only got two 50g balls for now but I could always get more eventually so I'm going to be busy finding the perfect pattern for it^_^ I also really like the lacy Bolero from the SnB:HH book. It's a short sleeved lacy bolero and I like the idea of having something lightweight and airy to wear over my tops^_^
Last night I crocheted 3 more squares...I don't know what it was but I kept getting distracted so I didn't get much done but I'm planning on getting more done tonight...I WILL!!
It was jobcentre time again today *sigh* if you live in the UK and you have been on jobseekers allowance or incapacity benefits then you know what my day has been like. Let's just say I REALLLY want a job, because I'm so sick and tired of being screwed over by the jobcentre. There's always something, always a problem (seriously why would it take 2 weeks for a form with our info on it to get a different floor in the same building?!?), always a delay in payment, always making us pay for their cock-ups, I've just had it. I also found out that the job for the bakery had already gone, ohwell. Haven't heard back from ChoicesUK yet neither and Icelands wasn't looking for any new staff. *sigh* Ohwell all I can do is check the papers everyday and the jobcentre website. Which btw isn't very helpful...when you try to look for local jobs it comes up with places like Glasgow and Devon..eh?!? I live in Yorkshire not Scotland or downsouth lol
Seriously, the only positive thing about today was that I got some fab yarn...and the look on my fiances face when I told him how much it had cost LOL (he didn't mind really^_^).
Sorry for the crappy post, but I had to vent somewhere. I hope everybody is having a nice day/evening.

Knitting love,
Petra^_^

7 comments:

Gorgeous colourway! What thickness is the yarn? It looks fairly chunky. There are more patterns for shrugs/boleros at Crochet Pattern Central.

You keep cruelly taunting me with clues as to what awaits me in SnB:HH ... I really can't wait to drool over that book!

08 August, 2006 13:46  

LOL I'm sorry I just can't shut up about that book it's just so kool! hmm it doesn't say what the thickness is but it needs a 5.5mm knitting needle so I'd say it's chunky dk^_^

08 August, 2006 13:50  

Your new wool is YUMMY!!!! Delicious!!!

08 August, 2006 15:25  

SnB HH almost made me want to learn to crochet.

Nah.

That yarn is soooo pretty! If it were me I'd probably be knitting some sort of wintery set out of it, but I'm strange like that.

08 August, 2006 17:15  

lol i suppose that if you still aren't convinced to start crochet after reading the SnB:HH book then you never will be hehe.
Yeah I was kind of thinking of wintery things aswell...as it's usually possible to wear those kind of things all year round in the uk hehe.

08 August, 2006 17:54  

I made a rare trip into Cambridge yesterday and got to fondle some "Fusion" yarn!! There is a turquoisey-green colourway which really appealed to me, but I resisted the urge to buy as I have no idea what I'd knit/crochet with it yet ... Haven't used anything that chunky before, but it would be a good excuse to get out my large acrylic hooks!

09 August, 2006 08:41  

Best regards from NY! here

17 March, 2007 08:37  

Newer Post Older Post Home