Progress!

I've finally gotten rid of my lazy moods hehe I finished knitting the bagpart and I've sewn up the sides so now I have to knit the bag handles, sew in the lining and attach the buttons and then it'll be finito!^_^
So far it looks like this:
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
I'm going to use 2 of these buttons on the bag:
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
I know they're not anything special but they're all I have...I actually had to take them off this old pair of gloves that I have and the buttons didn't really have any use on them so I figured they may aswell have a purpose!
I'm using some leftover black fabric for the lining and I'm kind of anxious about sewing it in as I haven't got a clue how to! I think I'm going to wait until I get the sewingmachine for my bday so it'll look nicer, but I still won't know how to... so if anyone has any tips on how to sew in lining then pleaseeee help me out^_^
Asides from that we (me, David and his sis) have been playing this new xbox360 game called Saints Row all day (well they played mostly I knitted the whole time I only played for like 45mins)... David has been anticipating this game for like a year so he was really excited about it and we even pre-orderd it and got a free Saints Row t-shirt with it! How kool is that^_^ I usually tend to like role-playing games like Oblivion and Fable (I've completed that twice) I like adventure games it's just more fun...I do like shoot-em up games but only for like half an hour just when I'm tired of playing other games. I also LOVED playing Thief: Deadly Shadows unfortunatly that's the only one they braught out on xbox (there are 4 different Thief games). I loved the story in it and the whole atmosphere in the game I wish they would make another one and I've heard rumours that they will but who knows when and if it's true. I do know they their making a Fable2 though so I'm excited about that... yes,yes I know.. games are for kids, but I guess I still am a kid when it comes to videogames^_^
sorry to ramble on about games instead of the usual stuff, but I'm sure I'm not the only knitting/crocheting/crafting/artist out there who likes games aswell??
Have a nice day everyone!!^_^

7 comments:

Very pretty!!! Great cable work Petra! About the lining, my aunt helped me last time with her sewing mashine. You cut the pieces and join them together (this part is where the sewing mashine helps, but if you have hurry you can do it by hand too...) Then cames the joining of the lining to the bag, and this is only handsewing! Hope my English makes sense! ;)

02 September, 2006 18:11  

Thank you Vik!^_^ Ofcourse it makes sence your english is perfect^_^ My birthday is exactly a month away today so I'll just wait till I have the sewingmachine.. I wish I could just visit my mom whenever I wanted because she would know how to.. ohwell I'll figure it out. Thank you anyway!^_^

04 September, 2006 15:18  

hi petra!

the way i've been attaching lining to bags is to make the lining 1cm deeper than necessary, then fold over the top 1cm so that it will be between the bag and the lining, iron it to achieve a neat line, THEN sew it to the bag.

and i love games!

nice blog and craftworks too btw :)

04 September, 2006 21:45  

You are an absolute knitting machine Petra!! Pretty cables.
As for the lining, can't help you there - I've never done it before but what Vik and Vinny said makes sense to me

05 September, 2006 08:48  

Oh my gosh, that's gorgeous!!! I've cruised the internet for ideas and I haven't seen anything like that. I can't wait to see it finished! Oh and I occasionally enjoy gaming, especially shooter ones! LOL!

10 September, 2006 01:17  

hi9 Petra ,verry pretty, and i alos like the onfo abouth Eindhoven .what about rotterdam and Hellevoetsluis .where you live .THats a verry nice plaece to .but geep up the good work .whe hoope you going to be succes ful whit the soingmachine as wel.that you find a job soon oke by love sophia

24 September, 2006 09:31  

pretty pretty! Can't wait to see the finished result!

26 September, 2006 08:16  

Newer Post Older Post Home