I've been looking through all the new patterns on Knitty and CrochetMe and I've found lots that I want to do, but I actually saw two that I NEEED to do they're just so fab... Ivy and Intolerable Cruelty I just love them!
I think that, because I haven't done any knitting or crocheting for a while, my hands have started to get restless and in need to touch yarn lol I'm just still trying to decide what to start with first.. my SIL-to be Knucks that I promised to knit over 2 months ago (lol) or the crocheted Bolero from the Happy Hooker book. I also still need to knit my MIL some Knucks so I'm thinking of doing those first.. I always hate the first bit of the Knucks.. the whole tightness of the needles when your connecting the fingers together and starting the first few rounds of the glove, but then when I'm actually doing it I love it and it seems to go superfast depending on how much time I've got to knit. Yeah I've just decided I'm going to finish all the promised Knucks first I'd only feel selfish to start something for myself again when I actually said I'd knit them things aswell.. besides I like giving things away that I've enjoyed making (well to people who I know will appreciate it anyway lol)^_^ I'd do it all the time if I'd just have some more money to buy all the things I need to make all the things I'd want to give to people *sigh* ohwell maybe someday^_^
I've just finished reading Mary Reilly by Valerie Martin and I loved it. I remember reading Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde for English class when I was in school and I remember I loved the book and when I found this book in a charityshop I had to buy it just to read the story from a different point of view and I'm glad I did. I just love reading books about Victorian days even more so by actual Victorian writers, prefably female writers, I don't know why I just love the stories because they usually give away so much detail like what people ate back in those days and how they dressed and how they talked. It's sometimes funny to read dialects because they oftenly still talk the same.. like in the book I've started reading right now (Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte) Emily actually lived up here in Yorkshire and so far I've already found a few dialogues with Yorkshire accents in it and it's funny because I can actually understand it because everyone around me speaks it... about two years ago I wouldn't have understood a word of it! I love the Bronte novels and the fact that all the sisters are from Yorkshire. I've not yet been to Thornton, but I will someday soon. I think I like Anne best I read her life story and so far one of her books (The tenant of Wildfell Hall, I even made a drawing of the main character in the book I loved it that much lol) and it ended up being one of my favourite books ever. I've not been able to find her other book anywhere yet, it's called Agnes Grey and supposedly it's based on her own life experiences. I went to Scarborough not too long ago and before we went I read that that's where she died and that she walked along the beach the day before she passed away. So when I walked along that beach I remembered and it was strange to realise she was there over 150 years ago and saw the same things I saw (not much has changed) and I know why she loved it there so much cause I love it the same. Although I wouldn't live there as that would take away it's specialness^_^ wow I've been rambling on and on lol Am I the only one that loves all (well minus the dirty circumstances they had to live in and all that lol) things Victorian? Have any of you ever read Wuthering Heights? Old books like these always have difficult or old words in them which I like because it means I'm learning at the same time.. yes I'm a geek.
Have a nice day everyone!

3 comments:

Hi Petra! Oh yes, I know how, too many pretty projects, and not enough time... Can´t wait to see which one you choose!

24 October, 2006 20:37  

Hey Petra, I'm on the Happy Hooker CAL, and I always enjoy looking at your blog. I am glad you are back blogging again. I was trying to learn Spanish and my grandmother gave me Wuthering Heights to read in Spanish. It was quite a challenge, and I never finished, but I still have it. You inspire me to try again.

26 October, 2006 07:49  

Hi Petra,

I just found your blog through the crochetville europeans thread and wanted to say hello! Your blog looks great!

29 October, 2006 17:40  

Newer Post Older Post Home