Something new

I got a free magazine from Dave's mum a few weeks ago and it had a section with free cardmaking paper with it (I don't know the technical term for the paper) so I thought I'd give it a go.
I made this card with it for my sister's birthday. I don't think it turned out too bad :) It would have been alot better if I had a stanley knife or a proper paper cutter of some sorts as it is hard to get the edges completely straight with scissors!

Luckily Violet had some pinking scissors (I had to look up the name for these as I just call them zigzag scissors, ha!) so I could cut out some nicer edges here and there.
I loved the theme of the paper. Very vintage 1940's WWII era style :)



I scraped the edges of the card with scissors to give it a more worn look, it was a happy accident really, but I ended up liking it.



Who knows it might be something I will do more often. It was fun making it!
Thanks for visiting! :)

2 comments:

The card looks ace! I have a mini guillotine at home which is handy for many things and would have helped you as well. It's great for cutting photos!
And hey, you worked out the Flickr linking thing!!!! Yay!

21 February, 2013 13:42  

Guillotine, that's the word I was thinking of haha! I definitely need one of those if I want to do anymore. Just to make it look abit more proper and neat.
I did yeah haha. I replied on your comment in the other post, but I can't figure out how to actually reply to you on my blog as it doesn't have a reply option for some reason!

26 February, 2013 09:45  

Newer Post Older Post Home