Walking in a Yorkshire Wonderland.

Last Monday I went for a walk around the Wentworth Castle Parklands and as it's meant to be a "snap happy Tuesday" post today I thought I'd share some pictures that I took that day.
I really hoped to see some Bluebells, but there was no sign of them just yet. I'm going back again soon though so hopefully I will be able to capture their loveliness with my camera.
The Strafford Arms at the beginning/end of the Parkland.
Oyster mushroom?
Deer in the Rotunda field.
It was a lovely sunny day (very windy though!) and along with the lovely views, having time on my own, the lovely smell of the woods, flowers everywhere and even spotting a Sparrow Hawk in the sky, it made for a pretty wonderful day. I can 't remember the last time I was that at peace. Yeah, I know, I need to get out more.

The next ones are all areas where I've worked on when I was a volunteer conservationist there.

The Rotunda.

So much time spent here sorting out thorny brambles!

Cautious deer.

Stag leader (in the back).

"Graffiti" on the Rotunda. It said "K.S. 1945 G.E."

Came out brighter than I wanted, but still quite like it.
The Duke of Argyle memorial.
Lots of crazy sheep running/bouncing around!

The Serpentine Bridge.
You go over the Serpentine Bridge to go into and out of the parkland. (Unless you have parked in the car park). It used to be the main entrance to Wentworth House so I imagine it will have had lots of carriages ect going over it back in the days.

The view from the Serpentine Bridge leaving the parkland.

Clearly wanted to have his(?) picture taken.
 If you made it through all the pictures then thank you for visiting, I hope you liked them!

*Edit* I just realised I never added a picture of the actual Wentworth House, so here are a few.


I was abit busy last week with Vi still on her Easter holidays and I was also painting the kitchen, so didn't really have time to post.
I have been knitting (more about that below) though, whenever I could. Not much crochet progress unfortunately as I just can't seem to get the eyes the way that I want. I'm either going to buy different safety eyes or try until I find the right way/colour/size.

As I've got a new colour in the kitchen I thought I'd make a few of my stuff match it, so I started with this old serving tray. I sanded it down, which took quite a while longer then I expected. Luckily it has got proper wood underneath. I managed to completely take the image off by first sanding the top layer until I got to the paper and then making the paper wet and scraping the rest off with the tip of a table knife. There is probably a better way to do it, but that's how I did it and it worked. 

I tried to get as much black off as I could without actually damaging the wood and shape. Then I took off all the dust and bits with a damp cloth and painted the first layer of white. Tomorrow I will do another layer and then add another colour. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the middle yet, maybe add text or try something with contact paper.

 I haven't really been knitting anything in specific, just been trying out new stitches and patterns in squares and rectangles that I will eventually sew together as a blanket. I started one with the Honeycomb Stitch, but I felt that it wouldn't quite fit in with the other squares so I carried on knitting until a decent size for the back of a cushion. I also knitted a Chevron rectangle to add more width, but I'm not sure if they go together yet.

 I'm thinking of adding fabric on the other side and add some sort of retro image with embroidery or cross stitch... To be continued :)

Thanks for visiting!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home