Scribbled by Knitted_Painting
I have been knitting (more about that below) though, whenever I could. Not much crochet progress unfortunately as I just can't seem to get the eyes the way that I want. I'm either going to buy different safety eyes or try until I find the right way/colour/size.
As I've got a new colour in the kitchen I thought I'd make a few of my stuff match it, so I started with this old serving tray. I sanded it down, which took quite a while longer then I expected. Luckily it has got proper wood underneath. I managed to completely take the image off by first sanding the top layer until I got to the paper and then making the paper wet and scraping the rest off with the tip of a table knife. There is probably a better way to do it, but that's how I did it and it worked.
I tried to get as much black off as I could without actually damaging the wood and shape. Then I took off all the dust and bits with a damp cloth and painted the first layer of white. Tomorrow I will do another layer and then add another colour. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the middle yet, maybe add text or try something with contact paper.
Thanks for visiting!