Bubbly Rose

An update on my (Effervesce) Bubbly Rose socks. Most of you will already have seen it on IG, but I really want to get this blog going again and not neglect it like I did last time as I really do enjoy blogging! Unfortunately I have lost most of my followers, because I didn't blog for that long.

The pattern really isn't as difficult as I imagined it would be. Alot of repeats in the chart just shifting the positions of the bubbles. Wish I had a better cable needle as I only need to put one stitch on hold at a time each time so it can be a bit fiddly!

I've finished with the leg chart and working on the heel now so it shouldn't be too long before I will be onto the foot part and then the toes! :)

Thanks for visiting!

Jabberwocky Cowl

This is the cowl/neckwarmer I knitted for Violet. I made up the pattern myself and the chart aswell. I'm happy with it, but I think in the end I should have made it abit wider as with the fairisle it came out abit tighter and I forgot to take that in account. I might make her another one sometime, but then alot looser and see how that will come out :)

I have put it up on Ravelry aswell and will put the pattern up if anyone is interested. It could easily be adapted into an adult one.

I found a downloadable copy of a very old German chart book a while ago, so doing this has given me abit more practise with charts as I really want to create something with a few of the charts from the book.
I've got so many ideas for them in my head already so who knows!! :)

KAL time



I started on my Bubbly Rose socks (using the Effervesce pattern from Ravelry) yesterday for the KAL.
So far it's been very slow going. I think it's also because I've been using big needles the last few times so the thin ones (3.25mm) seem really fiddly all of a sudden.
Today I think I managed about 4 rows of the chart... I got stuck in the pattern so I had to go on Ravelry to ask for help and then when I did finally start the chart I had to redo the first row about 3 times because of silly little mistakes.
I have gotten the feel of the chart now though so hopefully it should go alot faster from now on! Really looking forward to seeing how this yarn knits up aswell :)

Ta-da!






Finally managed to take some proper pictures of my Owls! I'm really happy with how it came out, the only thing I would change is that I would try to do an even looser cast-off as it sometimes pulls up on the neck a little, but no big deal. I'm sure I will make a few more in the future!

Atm I'm working on a cowl for Vi with a pattern I'm making up as I go along. I made a chart for a little fair  isle pattern in the middle, but I've already had to rip it out twice as the start and end didn't match (knitting in the round). Luckily I did find a chart maker online here so I'm going to do it on there and see if I can fix it.

I've joined a KAL aswell that starts tomorrow on Ravelry called Knitalong with Crafts from the Cwtch! it's all about improving your sock knitting skills, so you have to choose your own pattern and pick one that will have a technique in it that you haven't done before or if you haven't knitting socks yet then this is the place to try it and get help! :)

Newer Posts Older Posts Home